[BlueOnyx:09553] Re: iptables writing to console port

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 06:58:10 -05 2012

Hi

This message from a while back fixed the problem if ip tables being output
to the console on the 5106R, but on 5108R the problem has returned and this
fix doesn't have an effect.

In fact, it seems quite a few things have changed now it's on SL... syslog
is now rsyslog (which I hope is the same thing), but the file talks about
depricated features:

# Options to syslogd
# syslogd options are deprecated since rsyslog v3
# if you want to use them, switch to compatibility mode 2 by "-c 2"
SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-c 3"

Any ideas how to prevent the output on the console would be most welcome.

Thanks

Richard