[BlueOnyx:09569] Re: certain email doesn't arrive for a particular domain

Lew Berry LCBerry at lcbconsulting.net
Fri Feb 10 08:17:16 -05 2012

Run DNS queries against each of the servers listed for the domain. Make sure all the records all agree. I think your ISP (CavTel?) is probably now part of Windstream. Since they started integrating Paetec a bunch of their core routes seem to be hosed up. I keep running into issues where there is no path from point A to B across their backbone. What should be local lookups here (FL) to the primary server end up happening on my server at Ken's in CA.
Might prove useful to run a telnet session to the isp mailserver send an email from cmd line to see what the responses are.

Lew Berry, MCSE, MCT, CSSA
LCB Consulting Inc.
Systems Engineer
450-106 State Road 13 N, #205