[BlueOnyx:09583] Re: Use different PHP version

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Feb 11 17:34:11 -05 2012

Michael Aronoff wrote:
> Is there a way to use the PHP from the admin server for one PHP site?
>

> My problem is I have a php application that requires Zend Encoder but I
> am using php.5.3.9 from Solarspeed and it is my understanding that Zend
> Encoder is not available on php 5.3. So I thought if it was possible I
> could simply have3 that site use the php built into the admin server by
> a change to the sitex.include or something but I don’t know how to do it.
>

> Anyone do this before and able to help?

Not that I'm any sort of Zend fan, but it does appear they've recently
caught up with PHP 5.3.

 From http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/
"Announcing Zend Guard 5.5, with support for PHP 5.3!"
- and -
"Zend Guard (formerly Zend Encoder) protects your applications from
reverse engineering and unauthorized customization by providing encoding
and obfuscation."

HTH,
--
Chris Gebhardt