[BlueOnyx:09587] Re: Use different PHP version

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Sun Feb 12 01:20:49 -05 2012

Hi Chris / Michael.

On 2/12/2012 9:34 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Michael Aronoff wrote:
>> Is there a way to use the PHP from the admin server for one PHP site?
>>
>> My problem is I have a php application that requires Zend Encoder but I
>> am using php.5.3.9 from Solarspeed and it is my understanding that Zend
>> Encoder is not available on php 5.3.
> Not that I'm any sort of Zend fan, but it does appear they've recently
> caught up with PHP 5.3.
>
>   From http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/
> "Announcing Zend Guard 5.5, with support for PHP 5.3!"

Zend will tell you their app is now compatible with 5.3, what does that
actually mean? Technically, they are correct. There is a zendguard
module available for php 5.3.x... What they don't tell you is the punch
line. Apps that have been encoded with older zendguard encoders wont
work with the new php modules.

My advice - contact the author of the php app in question, and ask them
to re-encode with a newer version of zendguard encoder.... or better
still, use a different encoder solution.

Regards,
Greg.