[BlueOnyx:09590] New 5108R install fails on starting CCE

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 08:14:01 -05 2012

Hi.  I've set up my server using the 5108R install; all went well with the extras, DNS imports, etc.  However, when changing the IP address from the current private IP (192.168.x.x) to the public IP it's going to be on (217.112.x.x) it fails to restart - just hanging on 'Running CCE constructors'.

I used the root/network_settings.sh script to change the IP - should I have used the GUI?

As the server is fine on install, would it be likely to work OK if I took it to the data centre and installed it with the public IP as the first and only IP used?

It's a 240 mile round trip to the data centre, so I need to be fairly confident I'm doing something that'll work.

Many thanks, Richard