[BlueOnyx:09595] Re: Use different PHP version

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sun Feb 12 09:40:46 -05 2012

Michael Aronoff wrote:
> Greg Wrote:
>> My advice - contact the author of the php app in question, and ask them to
> re-encode with a newer version of
>> zendguard encoder.... or better still, use a different encoder solution.
>
> The app is an older version of 1-2-all email list software from
> activecampaign.com. I paid $295 for the app and a few years ago I bought a
> support contract to update it for $65.
>
> Now it seems they have had corporate success and totally changed their
> pricing and they want $766 to let me download a compatible version. I will
> NOT pay that. I only have a few users sending a few thousand emails total a
> month. Totally low volume.

They've either tasted success, or they've not near tasted success and
now they feel the need to make up for it!  :O   Either way, I agree with
you - time to move on.

But I wonder if you have asked if they have a version set up with
ioncube instead of Zend?

> I guess I can move them to PHPlist or something. Any suggestions? :-)

I have no experience with this myself, but have heard from a few of my
customers that PHPlist works reasonably well.

You might also want to evaluate if Mailman might be appropriate for this
application.  Especially since now that you went with spiffy new 5108R
boxes Mailman is already loaded and ready to go for you.  ;)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services