[BlueOnyx:10936] Re: server being abused

Steffan general at ziggo.nl
Fri Jul 6 04:02:01 -05 2012

Thanx will try that

Van: blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it
[mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it] Namens Greg Kuhnert
Verzonden: vrijdag 6 juli 2012 10:40
Aan: blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it
Onderwerp: [BlueOnyx:10934] Re: server being abused

Hi Steffan.

On 7/6/2012 4:50 PM, Steffan wrote:

Webmail is almost empty so that is not the problem

Is it possible to hack in to a site with httpd

Then use your own script to send out email without

Logging it in to maillog.

It looks like it is not a php script, that will be logged in the email log.

Try this:

watch lsof -n -i tcp:25

This will update your screen every 2 seconds - reporting running processes
that listeners on port 25, or current open connections (both inbound and
outbound) on port 25. Look for any process names other than the normal
sendmail daemon to get an idea of what is happening.

Regards,
Greg.

Steffan