[BlueOnyx:10941] Re: Regular phpmyadmin

Oscar Zovo oscar.zovo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:57:53 -05 2012

Hi Emmanuel,

Phpmyadmin installation is very simple.

Lets say you have downloaded the phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz
package:

1* Untar it to a working directory of your choise (I prefer /opt for non
default software)
So, cd to /opt and run tar -zxvf phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz

2* Create phpmyadmin config file, and edit it to suit your needs
cp /opt/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/config.sample.inc.php
  /opt/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/config.inc.php

2* Create a file called phpmyadmin.conf in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ , with the
follwing content

Alias   /phpmyadmin/            "/opt/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/"

3* Restart apache
service httpd restart

And you should be good.

Regards,