[BlueOnyx:10998] Re: Server error: '554 5.0.0 rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify'

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Sun Jul 22 12:02:29 -05 2012

Hi Charles,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Here's the results of the tests:

I have added mail.mtbe.co.uk to the Email Server Aliases via GUI.

"service sendmail restart" reported no problems.

/user/sbin/sendmail -bv postmaster at mtbe.co.uk returns:

  rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset canonify

  rewrite: excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset parse

  postmaster at mtbe.co.uk... User unknown

This happens no matter what postmaster is changed to - even a valid account
name (as opposed to an alias) fails.

more /etc/mail/local-host-names | grep mtbe.co.uk returns the expected hosts
- mail, www and mtbe.co.uk as well as a test we added today.

more /etc/mail/virtusertable | grep mtbe.co.uk returns:

  apache at www.mtbe.co.uk        apache

  sys at www.mtbe.co.uk   sys

  MAILER-DAEMON at www.mtbe.co.uk MAILER-DAEMON

  root at www.mtbe.co.uk  root

  nobody at www.mtbe.co.uk        nobody

  @mtbe.co.uk  %1 at www.mtbe.co.uk

  @www.mtbe.co.uk      mtbe.dale

  mtbe.admin at www.mtbe.co.uk    mtbe.admin

  webmaster at www.mtbe.co.uk     mtbe.admin

  mtbe.dale at www.mtbe.co.uk     mtbe.dale

  apache at temp.mtbe.co.uk       apache

  sys at temp.mtbe.co.uk  sys

  MAILER-DAEMON at temp.mtbe.co.uk       MAILER-DAEMON

  root at temp.mtbe.co.uk root

  nobody at temp.mtbe.co.uk       nobody

  @temp.mtbe.co.uk     error:nouser No such user here

  mtbe.temp at temp.mtbe.co.uk    mtbe.temp

  @mail.mtbe.co.uk     %1 at www.mtbe.co.uk

While we do have a temp.mtbe.co.uk, it was only added this morning. Nothing
relating to the site appears in /etc/mail/access

Still getting the same problems. L

How do I flush the DNS cache on BX? I've restarted named but can't see nscd
anywhere.

Dick