[BlueOnyx:11019] mailman: probs with the sender-address within listowner email

Patrick Koehne patrick at koehne-net.de
Thu Jul 26 16:28:50 -05 2012

Hi

Again a mailman problem:

When a list (or the members) are marked to be moderated the listowner
(the administrator respectivly) is recieving an information-email that
an email is waiting to be accepted with an included link to the
mailman-admin-url.

That fine, but my mails do have a "from:" and a "sender:" and the latter
ist set to be:
sender: mailman-bounces at localhost.localdomain

All other mails concerning mailman with this mailinglist are sent
correct from list-owner at mailserver.dom.ain

I already tried to find this setting in "Defaults.py" in
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman and changed it  to the global servername and
added an alias to /dev/null.
But this strange sender-address still remains.

In this blueonyx-list it is set to "blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it".
Why is that not working on the blueonyx server? I just setup that server
for mailinglist-pupose but it's a desaster... :-/

Any help how to fix it? Has it something to do with the virtual hosts? I
can't find the mappings and I also don't understand why he's not taking
the changed Defaults?
I restarted mailman afterwards so he's parsing the Defaults.py again.

Please, I desperately need help... :-)

Best regards
Patrick