[BlueOnyx:11044] SUPHP and WP form plugin - malformed header error

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Mon Jul 30 05:22:16 -05 2012

Hi all,

We have a Wordpress plugin called 'Formidable' - does anyone here use it? We use the pro version.

After switching a website using this form to suPHP recently, we notice that the form built on this plugin was error-ring out - even though the emails were still coming through.

The error (http error-log) is this:

[Mon Jul 30 10:53:02 2012] [error] [client x.x.x.x] malformed header from script. Bad header=/home/.sites/106/site3/.users/: index.php, referer: http://www.mysite.com

I noticed that this was something to do with the websites suPHP 'user' web space (/users/) - I took a look in there, and there was a dead.letter file and some other stuff. Seems like WP uses the suPHP users web space.

For some reason Formidable (or WP?) is sending headers pointing to the suPHP user space, not the main website.

When we go back to non suphp using 'apache' as the owner, it works fine.

As you can see I'm not really sure how WP and suPHP fit together, but I don't think I've seen this mentioned before so I thought I would post it up. I know a lot of people on the group use WP and also a lot use suPHP.

I would add that we use suPHP for a lot of sites, and don't have this problem. It's exclusively a plugin problem, and I have no problem with anyone telling me to sort it out with the maker of the plugin. But it would be handy if anyone on the list had any idea of why this was happening - so we could get the plugin vendor to fix it quicker.

Cheers,

Jeff