[BlueOnyx:10562] Problem with a virtual site

Bill Hicks billhicks at netstep.net
Mon May 14 07:29:34 -05 2012

I have 2 sites (www.site1.com and www.site2.com) on a 5106r sharing the same
IP adddress which I have done many times before and never had this issue.
The issue I have is this:

If I go to www.site1.com it loads ok
If I go to www.site2.com it loads ok
If I go to site2.com it directs to www.site2.com and loads ok
If I go to site1.com it redirects to www.site2.com and loads that site.

Both are set to have site1.com and site2.com's A rec set for the ip and the
www. is a cname to that A rec.

I looked at the site configuration for both in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts and I
see that site1 did  not have a:

ServerAlias www.site1.com line in it whereas site2 does. I added it and
rebooted the server but this did not help. I changed the IP of site1 and am
waiting for it to update but I am not sure why this would happen. The only
thing I can think of is that originally this site was www2.site1.com and
when we went live I changed it to www.site1.com in the GUI.

Bill Hicks