[BlueOnyx:10548] Re: Recent ProFTP update

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri May 11 22:15:29 -05 2012

Check the server's DNS settings.  That sounds suspiciously like no DNS resolution by the server.

When you make a connection - the FTP deamon tries to do a reverse lookup to log the name with the IP of the computer initiating the connection.  After the timeout period - it will just log IP and let you in.  But if your WSFTP timeout is shorter, you won't connect on first try.  Click try again - and you're in.

But close WSFTP and start over - and the FTP deamon is going to try that reverse lookup again.

I'll bet you have a DNS lookup issue on the server.

Chuck