[BlueOnyx:10603] Re: Samba on 5107R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed May 16 12:17:26 -05 2012

Hi Jon,

> I have loaded Samba and Swatt on a BO 5107r fresh install Dev in house
> server for development purposes and all has gone well other then I can
> get Apache to serve up HTML pages but *will not serve* PHP pages in the
> /var/www/html/. I have checked the logs but does not seem to be
> reporting any thing on this. I have spent most part of the last 24 hours
> google ing for any advice but have not found a straight forward
> anwcer....has any one completed this and may have any pointers or notes
> to advise...thx much

I run a Samba on an intranet BlueOnyx just fine, even SWAT. I think the
missing piece of information may be this:

Edit /etc/xinetd.d/swat, because typically it has this info in it:

[root at d1 ~]# cat /etc/xinetd.d/swat
# default: off
#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
        port            = 901
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        only_from       = 127.0.0.1
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/sbin/swat
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = yes
}

So it is disabled by default and even if it were enabled, it would only allow
access from 127.0.0.1

You may want to change the line "only_from" from 127.0.0.1 to the IP that you
allow access to SWAT from.

Additionally change "disable = yes" to "disable = no".

Then restart xinetd (/etc/init.d/xinetd restart) and you should be able to
access SWAT at the usual URL: http://server-ip:901/