[BlueOnyx:10606] Re: Testing: 5106R/5107R/5108R YUM updates(ProFTPd, base-ftp and base-swupdate)

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Wed May 16 22:26:33 -05 2012

>>> Try changing the IP of any site.
>>> Possibly it rewrites the proftpd.conf.
>>> See if that does it.
>>>
>>> Ken Marcus
>>

>> I was surprised.
>> It fixed the problem !
>>
>> I changed /backed one IP.  But still problem.
>> And I restart the server, than it fixed.
>> Thank you Ken.
>> Eiji Hamano
>

> FYI This also worked for the issue I was having:
>
> Would the recent update to ProFTP on the 5106R cause me to get a connect
> error the 1st time I connect to a site that I havent connected to in a
> while? I get a:
>
> Failed to receive response after connect
> Host type (1): Automatic Detect
>
> When using wsftp on port 21. If I try again it connects. If I close wsftp
> and come back I get the same sequence. I never had this issue before. I
> reboot does not clear it up. On the other 4 servers all running same BO
> and
> same exact hardware this is not happening.
>
> The thing I don't understand is why it is only on the one server. The only
> thing I can possibly think of is that this is the 1st server I put BO on
> and
> I had ran it locally for a while and used the ftp locally (ie through
> 192.168.1.200) before making it live.
>
> Bill Hicks

In my case, 192.168.1.xx was not.

However, there was a site which has no user.
Suddenly this morning, all web sites of  the server could not be seen
excepting control page.
I deleted the non-user-site, and I did reboot.
Then all web sites can be seen now.

I feel like the problem is not the only in proftpd.

Eiji Hamano