[BlueOnyx:10623] PHP Breaking

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Mon May 21 04:04:56 -05 2012

Hi All,

If I have a site with PHP enabled (in this instance, without suPHP) that is configured and working, I have a way of consistently breaking PHP. Adding a new site alias and saving appears to strip out part of the PHP config. Disabling and re-enabling PHP clears it. I took a copy of the siteX config that apache reads, then 'fixed' it by unticking/ticking then compared the two config files:

[root at x phperror]# diff site12 site12.broken
29,33d28
< # BEGIN WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
< AddType application/x-httpd-php .php5
< AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
< AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
< # END WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.

It looks like that entire section gets dropped. However this section is in both:

# BEGIN PHP SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
php_admin_flag register_globals Off
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen Off
php_admin_flag allow_url_include Off
php_admin_value open_basedir /var/lib/php/session/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/:/tmp/:/home/.sites/132/site12/
php_admin_value post_max_size 8M
php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 2M
php_admin_value max_execution_time 30
php_admin_value max_input_time 60
php_admin_value memory_limit 16M
php_admin_flag mail.add_x_header On
php_admin_value sendmail_path /usr/sausalito/sbin/phpsendmail
php_admin_value auto_prepend_file /usr/sausalito/configs/php/set_php_headers.php
# END PHP SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.

So it obviously has *some* knowledge of PHP, but is missing the WebScripting settings.. Does anyone else get this?

Steve