[BlueOnyx:10641] Re: word press install.php memory error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 21 13:49:07 -05 2012

Administrator wrote:
> I usually setup databases on MYSQL with username and passwords and then they (web programmers) ftp all content to the site and when they attempt to run the wp-admin\install.php it never goes smoothly. We are in a data center and I can build them any flavor they want virtually and have replicated settings from other servers that they claim "work fine".
>
> They keep wanting "Cpanel" as I assume they are used to working with that.

Unfortunately, there's not a ton of actual input I can give on helping
solve their problem because we don't have any error messages or other
info to go on.  Just that "it never goes smoothly", which may well be an
accurate description but leaves much to be desired in regard to
diagnostic data.

But if you make sure these steps are followed, you shouldn't run into
problems:

1: Configure site
2: Configure admin user on site
3: Configure MySQL db
4: Ensure site is configured for su-php and web is owned by admin user
from step 2 above
5: Have user FTP WordPress to site using the admin user created in step
2 above
6: Run the WP installer.

--
Chris Gebhardt