[BlueOnyx:10680] Re: HTTPD stop

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue May 29 19:11:21 -05 2012

My 5107R did the same thing last week.

It was the middle of the night and I was headed to bed when I got a message about its misbehavior.  Checked with "service httpd status" - and it claimed the webserver was working OK.  But it wasn't answering to requests to any of the sites.  I tried two or three things, but each time I tried to restart httpd, it just hung on "httpd start" - like yours did.

I finally got tired of it, crossed my fingers, and commanded a restart.  The server came back up OK and everything was working fine.

I hated doing that - you shouldn't have to restart a Linux server to fix problems.  But it was late, I was tired, and nothing I tried worked.

Chuck