[BlueOnyx:11492] Re: OpenWebmail gdbm fatal: read error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Oct 4 17:42:54 -05 2012

Hi Richard,
Richard Morgan wrote:
> There are a few extensions in the .openwebmail/db directory: .cache, db,
> dir, pag.  Renaming one of these then doing the rebuild seemed to do the
> trick.  Sorry, I don't know which one - I'd guess either .dir or .pag, but
> it is only a guess.

Thanks, I appreciate that.  I actually removed the .openwebmail
directory entirely so that it would rebuild on login, as if it were the
first time you used OpenWebmail on the account.

> Also, whether it was related or not I don't know but running
> /home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail-tool.pl -i
> <specific-username> rather than -a seemed different.

OK, I gave that a shot, but still got my "gdbm fatal: read error".

# /home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail-tool.pl
-i mfluitt
gdbm fatal: read error

So it looks like the gdbm is flawed somehow.

FWIW, I'm running gdbm-1.8.0-36.el6.x86_64.  I searched through the yum
log and did not find any mention of that rpm being updated recently.
That server's yum log goes back to Feb 09.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services