[BlueOnyx:11500] Re: OpenWebmail gdbm fatal: read error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Oct 5 15:01:04 -05 2012

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
>> Also, whether it was related or not I don't know but running
>> /home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail-tool.pl -i
>> <specific-username> rather than -a seemed different.
>
> OK, I gave that a shot, but still got my "gdbm fatal: read error".
>
> # /home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail-tool.pl
> -i mfluitt
> gdbm fatal: read error
>
> So it looks like the gdbm is flawed somehow.

FYI, I did resolve this issue, but not in the most elegant way.

What I did was back up the user's mbox, mail and .openwebmail
directories, then use the BX GUI to remove the user.

Then I recreated the user.  I logged into OpenWebmail with the user
account, then copied in the mail directories and then the OpenWebmail
address book.

Now the account works fine once again.  I'm not sure what caused this to
happen, and I'm not sure why it was not able to be properly repaired.
But now at least we have the user getting into her mail again, so she's
happy.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services