[BlueOnyx:11495] Re: Network interface problem

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Thu Oct 4 22:44:51 -05 2012

On 10/04/2012 10:03 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
>> Removed the old udev device mapping file
>> Modified grub.conf to have biosdevname=0 at the end of the kernel line
>> Rebooted
>>
>> Both interfaces came up (although reverse of*before - pci card is now LAN, and built-in is WAN*), however, I am still getting swatch errors:
>>
>> Very interesting these 'improvements' after upgrade to SL 6.3
> Yeah, the new UDEV behaviour with the rules is already bad enough. The
> "biosdevname" crap just makes it worse. I wish hardware makers like Dell
> would do what they do best and stay away from meddling with things on
> the OS level.
>
>> /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_network.sh: line 64: [: too many arguments
> Please post the result of this command:
>
> /sbin/route -n
>
> It may shed some light on the issue.

I posted a few days ago "Re: eth0 issues"
the procedure there worked for me on three different servers
But, then I guess you don't want to try it,

the problem is that just changing the HWADDR on an interface
does not allow the low level functions to work correctly, thus you get
errors.
Particularly where you have the scenario above

*before - pci card is now LAN, and built-in is WAN

*

--
Gerald