[BlueOnyx:11493] Re: Network interface problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 4 22:03:02 -05 2012

Hi Jeff,

> Removed the old udev device mapping file
> Modified grub.conf to have biosdevname=0 at the end of the kernel line
> Rebooted
>
> Both interfaces came up (although reverse of before - pci card is now LAN, and built-in is WAN), however, I am still getting swatch errors:
>
> Very interesting these 'improvements' after upgrade to SL 6.3

Yeah, the new UDEV behaviour with the rules is already bad enough. The
"biosdevname" crap just makes it worse. I wish hardware makers like Dell
would do what they do best and stay away from meddling with things on
the OS level.

> /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_network.sh: line 64: [: too many arguments

Please post the result of this command:

/sbin/route -n

It may shed some light on the issue.