[BlueOnyx:11508] Re: Offtopic: How to host a busy podcast

Klein Joachim j.klein at ibusiness.at
Wed Oct 10 07:52:42 -05 2012

Hy Hans!

I have a customer who hosts a Site with pictures from a local community.
For now about 600.000 images in different sizes.
The Site is about 180GB big.
The system makes about 250-300GB traffic per month.
The whole traffic is crowing, but the system is running very stable and
doesn´t make any troubles. The actual load is really small and
the system is ready for much more traffice than now.

The infrastructe behind:
2x FSC RX100 S7 with an installed Aventurine Cluster for HA
(each System) 1 Xeon CPU, 8GB Ram, 2x 750GB Sata HD, 2 Lan Interface (1
Internet, 1 Replication)

If I calculate your traffic with 5000*150MB then you will get about
750GB per Month.
If you take some Dual CPU-Server with 16GB and some SAS-Drive you will
serve this
traffic without any problems.
If you have any questions you can write me a mail.
Joachim Klein