[BlueOnyx:11547] Re: Mailing list creation problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 18 05:21:39 -05 2012

Hi Chris,

> This is on 5108R with Mailman.
>
> Server admin can create a new list on a domain.  However, site admin
> cannot.  These errors appear in the GUI:
>
> Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]:
> open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_0c2rrpqv23tatk9mv9l5nqu7n0, O_RDWR)
> failed: Permission denied (13) in
> /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/mailman/mailmanMod.php on line 25

Please try this:

chmod 777 /var/lib/php/session
chown root:apache /var/lib/php/session

That should fix it. After some YUM updates the permissions on
/var/lib/php/session often revert back to more restrictive permissions.
But for suPHP and other things we really need to have
/var/lib/php/session world writeable. I think there is also a CCE
constructor which should fix this automatically whenever you do a CCEd
restart.