[BlueOnyx:11556] Re: Mailing list creation problem

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Oct 18 16:53:37 -05 2012

Hi Michael,

Michael Stauber wrote:
>> This is on 5108R with Mailman.
>>
>> Server admin can create a new list on a domain.  However, site admin
>> cannot.  These errors appear in the GUI:
> Please try this:
>
> chmod 777 /var/lib/php/session
> chown root:apache /var/lib/php/session
>
> That should fix it. After some YUM updates the permissions on
> /var/lib/php/session often revert back to more restrictive permissions.
> But for suPHP and other things we really need to have
> /var/lib/php/session world writeable. I think there is also a CCE
> constructor which should fix this automatically whenever you do a CCEd
> restart.

Hmmm, no joy so far.

I performed the chmod & chown, then restarted cced.init.

Now we get this in the red bar at the bottom of the GUI:
"Sorry, an internal server error occurred. Permission for CREATE is
denied. Please visit http://BlueOnyx.it/ for technical info."

This issue seems reminiscent of a thread back in December of last year
(BlueOnyx:09193)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services