[BlueOnyx:11330] Bug report (phpsysinfo)

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Fri Sep 14 16:22:39 -05 2012

Hello!

Two things:

1. I wanted to file a bug report by following the bug report link that
goes to the TRAC page.  On that page, there's a link for logging in, but
nowhere could I find on the main site how to actualy *register* to be able
to log in.

2. The bug concerns phpsysinfo.  That page contains, at the bottom, a menu
list selection button that gives you various color and style choices.  (I
read someplace that phpsysinfo isn't 'style aware' so dosen't pick up the
user's own Blue Onyx page styles, but it has its own choices.)

Selecting a style causes the information display page to be created using
templates in

   /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/phpsysinfo/.phpsysinfo/templates/

which has the various colors, etc. for each named style.  Each style also
has an 'images' subdirectory with things to draw the various bars, etc.

One of these styles 'mobile' has the named subdirectory, but it's empty.
There's no actual style definition files there.  The 'mobile' directory
also contains the expected 'images' subdirecotry, but it is also empty.

What happens if you select 'mobile' for the style, the system can't find
anything, and proceeds to spit out a bunch of PHP errors about 'no such
file'.  No output other than the errors is displayed.

The problem is, once you get that, you *don't* see the menu selection
button anymore, so you can't select another style, so you're stuck with
the entire function being basically dead.

I played some symbolic link games to recover because I couldn't figure out
where the user's selected choice for which style name to use was being
stored.

I also verified with yum that there's no 'mobile' template files that get
installed with the physysinfo package.

All of the other style choices seemed OK.

Either the 'mobile' style templates needs to be put into the install
package, or the 'mobile' style choice removed from the menu list.

Hopefully this will save others some grief.

=^_^=  Tigerwolf