[BlueOnyx:11358] Re: 5108R FTPS

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Fri Sep 21 06:46:59 -05 2012

Hello,

I got it running with the following configuration:

in /etc/xinetd.d/proftpd I copied the "ftp" section to a second section "ftps" with the identical settings. This causes (after a /etc/init.d/xinetd restart) that xinetd listens on port 990 too and starts proftpd if a connection attempt is made to this port.

The global TLS section in proftpd.conf works as follows:

# TLS
<IfModule mod_tls.c>
   TLSEngine on
   TLSLog /var/log/proftpd/tls.log
   TLSRequired off
   TLSRSACertificateFile /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
   TLSRSACertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
   TLSVerifyClient off
   TLSOptions NoCertRequest NoSessionReuseRequired
   TLSRenegotiate required off
</IfModule>

The second option for TLSOptions "NoSessionReuseRequired" is especially for FileZilla to work.

In FileZilla I created a session with encryption "Explicit FTP over SSL" and Port explicitely set to 990.

With this settings FTPS is working globally.

Regarding scponly: as I can see the latest version is "jan 2006 scponly 4.6 release" - so seems to me the project is dead?!

Tobias