[BlueOnyx:11336] Re: Web alias turn off PHP

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Mon Sep 17 05:08:38 -05 2012

On 13 Sep 2012, at 09:02, Steven Howes wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2012, at 08:27, Gustavo Silva wrote:
>> Hey guy and thanks in advance!
>>
>> Anyone else had this odd issua where changing a VSITE webaliases would
>> stop PHP for that site pretty much like if "Enable PHP for this site"
>> was unchecked (altough it is check). Work around so far: check/recheck.
>
> Yep. Pain in the arse isn't it. It's something to do with the Apache vsite config. When it's broken, things are arranged differently. Whenever i try and diagnose it, it ends up working again..

Right, I've found what happens, but not why... I took a copy of the Apache site config when it was broken, and working and ran a diff (please note, the site alias change lines are not really relevant)

[root at server vhosts]# diff site4 /root/phpfail/site4
11c11
< ServerAlias testsite.co.uk
---
> ServerAlias testsite2.co.uk testsite.co.uk
21a22
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                !^testsite2.co.uk(:80)?$ [NC]
27,31d27
< # BEGIN WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
< AddType application/x-httpd-php .php5
< AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
< AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
< # END WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.

It looks like the entire WebScripting section is missing! It does the same for suPHP sites too:

[root at server vhosts]# diff site4 /root/phpfail/site4
11c11
< ServerAlias testsite.co.uk
---
> ServerAlias testsite2.co.uk testsite.co.uk
21a22
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                !^testsite2.co.uk(:80)?$ [NC]
27,32d27
< # BEGIN WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
< suPHP_Engine on
< suPHP_ConfigPath /home/sites/www.testsite.co.uk
< suPHP_AddHandler x-httpd-suphp
< AddHandler x-httpd-suphp .php
< # END WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
[root at server vhosts]#

I've had a look in /usr/sausalito/conf/base/apache/Apache.conf and I *think* the handler should be running. My knowledge of this area is somewhat sketchy though. Perhaps Michael may have some input as to what's called and when. To me it looks like webscripting.pl (or webscripting2.pl ?..) isn't being called for some reason, so this section isn't making it to the config file.

Steve