[BlueOnyx:11384] Re: 5108R IPv6 fun fact

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Mon Sep 24 16:57:02 -05 2012

On 09/24/2012 04:35 PM, Stephanie Sullivan wrote:
> Gerald,
>
> We did this month's ago. The thinking is the BX gui does not allow for IPV6
> so we don't want to allow it. Haven't regretted it a minute so far.
> Eventually we'll need to support IPV6 as well as IPV4.
>
> If any of you remember back long enough I was a project lead at Digital in
> DECnet engineering during the period of transition of DECnet Phase IV to
> Phase V (OSI networking). The part I worked on mostly was the backward
> compatibility part. The IPV6 conversion has a stong sense of "Deja Vu all
> over again" to me, but on a much bigger scale. Not pretty and older DECnet
> Phase IV continued to be supported until the end.
>

>    NETWORKING_IPV6=no
>    IPV6INIT=no

We have put this on several servers. but in this case it was no help for
dovecot
I don't know if it was a recent update or what, all of a sudden when we
rebooted the server dovecot stopped with the

dovecot: master: Error: service(imap-login): listen(::, 993) failed:
was on all dovecot ports including 110

fixed was adding "listen = *" in
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf

--