[BlueOnyx:11429] Re: Issue with Proftpd - BlueOnyx 5108R - Masquerade Address

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 25 21:12:20 -05 2012

Hi Senthil,

> I have changed the settings inside /etc/Proftpd.conf
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.2.10>
>     DefaultRoot     / wheel
>                 DefaultRoot                       / admin-users
>                 DefaultRoot                       ~/../../.. site-adm
>                 DefaultRoot                       ~ !site-adm
>                 AllowOverwrite                on
>                DefaultChdir                       /web
>                 DisplayLogin                     .ftphelp
> *MasqueradeAddress 203.x.x.x*
> *PassivePorts 30000 35000*
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Every time when we create a new or edit any virtual site on the front
> end of Blueonyx 5108R server, system overwrites /etc/Proftpd.conf file
> and removes MasqueradeAddress and PassivePorts settings.

Actually the passive ports are already specified in the <global> section
of /etc/proftpd.conf:

<Global>
AllowOverwrite          yes
  <Limit ALL SITE_CHMOD>
    AllowAll
  </Limit>
  # Restrict the range of ports from which the server will select when
sent the
  # PASV command from a client. Use IANA-registered ephemeral port range of
  # 49152-65534
  PassivePorts 49152 65534
  IdentLookups                  off
</Global>

The passive ports are set to the port range 49152-65534. You can change
it there and it won't get overwritten on site updates.

Not much luck about the MasqueradeAddress, though. It needs to go into
the <VirtualHost> container. Which will get rewritten on all FTP related
updates.