[BlueOnyx:11428] Issue with Proftpd - BlueOnyx 5108R - Masquerade Address

Senthil Ramasamy samy at maxi.net.au
Tue Sep 25 20:25:23 -05 2012

Hi there,

I have BlueOnyx Server 5108R running behind a NAT firewall.

Internal IP of the BlueOnyx server is 192.168.2.10

I have changed the settings inside /etc/Proftpd.conf

<VirtualHost 192.168.2.10>

    DefaultRoot     / wheel

                DefaultRoot                       / admin-users

                DefaultRoot                       ~/../../.. site-adm

                DefaultRoot                       ~ !site-adm

                AllowOverwrite                on

               DefaultChdir                       /web

                DisplayLogin                     .ftphelp

MasqueradeAddress 203.x.x.x

PassivePorts 30000 35000

</VirtualHost>

Every time when we create a new or edit any virtual site on the front end of
Blueonyx 5108R server, system overwrites /etc/Proftpd.conf file and removes
MasqueradeAddress and PassivePorts settings.

Work around so far I am using is to add those two line, save the file and on
the front end of Blueonyx is to disable and enable FTP server.

Any suggestions on how do I keep it permanently saved on the server.

Regards,

Samy

Senthil Ramasamy,

Sr. Technical Manager | Maxi Internet Services,

Suite 22, 36 East Street,

Five Dock, NSW 2046.

T: 02 9713 4066 | F: 02 9713 4077

M: 0434 484 577 | W: maxi.net.au