[BlueOnyx:13476] Re: Help with BlueOnyx setup...Reply to: Digest, Vol 56, Issue 1/3 (1)

Dudi Goldenberg dudi at kolcore.com
Sun Aug 4 14:08:02 -05 2013

Dudi Goldenberg: Said...
Try dhclient eth0 and eth1 to see if any of these will get an IP from the router.

    Q: I've checked the meaning of this command online, but it's not clear.
         So what is 'dhclient eth0' etc, actually doing ?
          a: is attempting to set an IP ?
          b: or reporting what the IP is already set to ?

    Q: And what should I see when I type: dhclient eth0  (or: dhclient eth1)

You should see the server negotiating with the DHCP server and finally get an IP if all goes well.

D.