[BlueOnyx:13479] Re: Help with BlueOnyx setup...Reply to: Digest, Vol 56, Issue 1/3 (1)

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Sun Aug 4 18:54:37 -05 2013

On 08/04/2013 12:00 PM, gen at ercuk.com wrote:
> Hi, Many thanks to everyone for all your previous advice & comments,
> however this has raised my following queries, for which I would really
> appreciate clarification.
>
> /...The point, however, is that you need to allow adequate room in
> your network for a statically assigned IP address.'/

Earlier you indicated that the router hada DHCP range of 2 - 254
go into the router setup and narrow that range, maybe something like 2
-100, then reset the router.
now give the server and IP something greater than 100 or what ever you
set the top DHCP range to..
Also have the router reroute ports for the server 20, 21, 22, 25, 80,
81, 443, 444, 587 to the servers IP address.
You will need to set the DNS for the server at your provider to the
public IP address.

 Gerald