[BlueOnyx:13558] Re: Crashed drive

Gregg K greggk1 at cox.net
Fri Aug 16 09:56:14 -05 2013

Thanks for the replies.  I ended up installing a new BO and setting up all
users.  My fault for not having a recent backup.  I never thought I would
have a raid go out on me like that.

I was never able to check to see if I could load the disk partitions. When I
loaded the system with a rescue disk I could sometime see the drives, maybe
sdb1 and sdb2 but I was never able to load them, some kind of LVM error.
Because of those LVM issues this time around on one of the new installs I
just did the install without LVM.  What is your recommendations on new
installs? And why are LVMs so difficult to deal with after a crash?