[BlueOnyx:14099] Re: BlueOnyx 5107R/5108R YUM updates in testing repository

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Dec 14 01:28:50 -05 2013

Hi Steffan,

> Is there something i can do to translate for a dutch GUI

The English language files for BlueOnyx are around 486 kilobytes all
together. That's quite a bit of text to translate.

I have a PHP script that feeds the English language files through the
Google Translate API line by line and then writes a fully translated
*.po file back to disk. This works for any language that Google
Translate supports.

These translations of course aren't perfect. Sometimes the results are
pretty hilarious. But it's then less work to take them and correct them
than if you'd have to do everything from scratch.

Right now I'm feeding the English *.PO files through the API again and
within the next hour or two I'll be 15 bucks poorer (the Google API
costs money to use) and will have the Dutch *.PO files for the GUI.

If you're willing to clean these language files up, I can email them to you.