[BlueOnyx:14130] Re: Additional fund raising for the Modern Theme

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 19 11:40:43 -05 2013

Hi Rod,

> This post will come as a surprise to Michael.  I've not discussed this
> with him nor asked for his "OK".

This is indeed a surprise and a more than welcome one. Thank you all
very much.

Yeah, it has taken longer than expected, as the amount of work was a lot
greater than I first thought. To give it some perspective:

The BlueOnyx GUI consists of 550 PHP pages including UIFC, libPhp and
the actual GUI pages. And there isn't a single PHP page that I didn't
have to either modify or recreate from scratch. Initially there have
been weeks where literally nothing worked, as one fix here meant changes
in 15-20 other dependent pages or libraries as well. Just to get one
step further in the middle between logging in and getting to see the
basic GUI framework. Only to see the next error message.

But work is progressing at a rapid pace and I'm confident that by end of
February the first set of ISO's will be ready. This week I started
backporting the modifications from the BlueOnyx testing repository into
the new BlueOnyx, which will be concluded by the end of this week. Next
week I wrap up "Software Updates" and after that all that needs to be
done is anything under "Site Management".

I'd also like to thank Meaulnes, Antoine, Simone and Steffan for
offering to clean up the translation files for Italian, French and
Dutch. That is most appreciated.

I also have gained a hell of a lot of appreciation for the initial
programmers of the Sausalito interface. What they did 14 years ago was
pretty amazing and with or without face-lifting it's still good for
another decade. Or two.