[BlueOnyx:14154] Re: NewLinQ username

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Mon Dec 23 18:39:31 -05 2013

On 12/23/2013 05:22 PM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
> Hi Gerald.
>
> On 22 Dec 2013, at 11:10 pm, Gerald Waugh
> <gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
> <mailto:gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com>> wrote:
>
>> On 12/21/2013 05:55 PM, Greg Kuhnert wrote:
>>> On 22 Dec 2013, at 4:08 am, Michael Stauber <mstauber at blueonyx.it
>>> <mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Gerald.
>>>
>>> As per Michael's reply, I was asleep after getting off a long
>>> flight... Your transaction has been refunded.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Greg.
>>
>> Thanks Greg
>> Trust you had a good trip, and please forgive my impatience.
>> And all is well that ends well.
>>
>> I would still like to know how to change a NewLinQ username.
>> As it may become necessary, to get packages another person purchases for
>> a server.
>
> You would need to uninstall all modules on the server, and then unlink
> them. Once that is complete, you will be able to link a new package
> and it will prompt for a username.
>

>   UNINSTALL THE OLD PACKAGE(S)
>
>  1. Login to the admin user web interface.
>  2. Review installed software (Software Updates-> Installed Software)
>  3. Uninstall the module(s) that are part of the item you want to unlink.
>

>   UPDATE NEWLINQ AND UNLINK
>
>  1. Update newlinq: Software Updates -> Third Party Software -> Check
>     Availability Now
>  2. Unlink: Software Updates -> NewLinQ -> Unlink A Package
>  3. Select the item to unlink
>

> However, there is a current newlinq bug that will not let you unlink
> the free bundles. Its on my to do list to fix. Once that is complete,
> the above will work and it would be a self-service process.

Not sure you understand the question/.

To purchase packages I need to login to store.blueonyx.it
Then i need to login to the server where I want to install the package.

That server already has software installed and a newlink username.
But I can't get the packages I purchased to install on this server.

I certainly do not want to uninstall any software.

Gerald