[BlueOnyx:11885] Re: Varnish Cache

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Jan 2 15:43:04 -05 2013

On 1/2/2013 11:17 AM, jeffrey Pellin - PX2 wrote:
> FWIW I'm going to throw my three pennyworth into this.
>
> Chris really helped us identify the issue with a badly performing site
> last year (2012).
>
> He's a hosting god - and knows his stuff in a commercial way ( as well
> as having the theoretical at this fingertips).
>
> Give him a good listen.

Jeffrey, you are too kind, sir.  Thank you for the nice words.

I'm no engineer.  I'm more of a practitioner.  In my early days in the
business I was barely qualified to spell Linux much less use it.
However, I had some really good help from some smart folks willing to
share.  Ah yes, the early days of the commercial Internet was a neat
time for that.  If I can offer input that could be of help, I'll always
try to do that.

On the same token, I really try not to miss an opportunity to keep my
mouth shut in order to avoid looking like an idiot!

Regarding the OP's topic, and having read Michael's comments, it does
seem that Varnish is rather an interesting animal.  The question of
whether or not it can (or should) be installed onto a BX box is still
just that for me... a question.   If anybody (OP included) was going to
take it on, I'd probably recommend sorting it out on a dev box first,
rather than loading it right onto a production system.  Especially if
that production system is revenue-generating.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services