[BlueOnyx:11914] tune2fs

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sun Jan 6 12:02:09 -05 2013

I have a 5106 server that keeps making /tmp read-only and producing the
following errors...

Jan  5 04:27:26 webremote kernel: EXT3-fs error (device dm-3):
ext3_lookup: unlinked inode 17 in dir #2
Jan  5 04:27:26 webremote kernel: EXT3-fs error (device dm-3):
ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
Jan  5 04:27:26 webremote kernel: EXT3-fs error (device dm-3):
ext3_lookup: unlinked inode 17 in dir #2

The dm-3 is the /tmp partition, I found info that I need to remove the
journal, check disk and readd the journal like this in single user mode...

tune2sf -O ^has_journal /dev/<dev>
e2fsck -f /dev/<dev>
tune2sf -j /dev/<dev>

My problem is the distro does not have the tune2fs command. Can someone
tell me if there is a package that has this command that can be
installed via yum or how to resolve otherwise?

Thanks, Robert
--
Robert <robert at webtent.org>