[BlueOnyx:11916] Re: tune2fs

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sun Jan 6 12:32:45 -05 2013

You've got a underlying problem that is more important than the tune2fs Robert.

I suspect you've got a drive that is probably failing.  That's why the system keeps remounting the partition as read-only.  When it encounters enough errors in a partition to suspect data corruption/loss - it remounts the partition as read-only to protect the data.  I've recently fought the same problem with a non-BX Linux system, and only solved it replacing the drive and recovering as much data as FSCK was able to fix.

If I were you, the first thing I'd do is cmuExport every site and mysqldump every database on the server - and copy them off-box.  That way - you've got a solid backup of the data on that server.  Then start testing that drive - I suspect it will come up with a lot of errors indicating upcoming failure.

Chuck