[BlueOnyx:11992] Re: Error getting yum updates

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jan 14 22:44:40 -05 2013

On 1/14/2013 3:17 AM, Dirk Estenfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in the moment I am getting the following error while running yum update
>
> Loaded plugins: security
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.3&arch=x86_64 error was
> 12: Timeout on http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.3&arch=x86_64: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the last 30 seconds')
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: BlueOnyx. Please verify its path and try again

Hmmm, we are also seeing a similar issue.  With some systems, we're able
to retrieve updates very quickly, as one would expect.  On others, we
get the timeout error.

Our 5106R boxes are updating as expected.  5108R boxes are not.

I don't think this is an error with the network... the systems I have
tried are less than .5 ms apart and routing is not an issue.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services