[BlueOnyx:11999] Re: Error getting yum updates

Tue Jan 15 03:00:44 -05 2013

Same problem here, zo is must be at blueonyx.it

--
Steffan

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it
[mailto:blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it] Namens Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ
Internet
Verzonden: dinsdag 15 januari 2013 4:45
Aan: BlueOnyx General Mailing List
Onderwerp: [BlueOnyx:11992] Re: Error getting yum updates

On 1/14/2013 3:17 AM, Dirk Estenfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in the moment I am getting the following error while running yum
> update
>
> Loaded plugins: security
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.3&arch=x86_64 error
> was
> 12: Timeout on
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.3&arch=x86_64: (28,
> 'Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the last 30
> seconds')
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
> repository: BlueOnyx. Please verify its path and try again

Hmmm, we are also seeing a similar issue.  With some systems, we're able to
retrieve updates very quickly, as one would expect.  On others, we get the
timeout error.

Our 5106R boxes are updating as expected.  5108R boxes are not.

I don't think this is an error with the network... the systems I have tried
are less than .5 ms apart and routing is not an issue.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services