[BlueOnyx:12076] Re: new website setup

Drew Happli drew at happli.org
Tue Jan 22 14:04:46 -05 2013

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The files I uploaded were sent to
/home/.site/143/site2/web/

So if I go to http://<sitename>/index.php I
get the "This application needs to be configured" page I expect.

When
I go to http://<sitename>/application/config/config.php I get the 403
error.

When I go to the directory, and do an ls, I get:

[root at www5
config]# pwd
/home/.sites/143/site2/web/application/config
[root at www5
config]# ls
autoload.php database.php hooks.php mimes.php smileys.php
config.php doctypes.php index.html profiler.php user_agents.php
constants.php foreign_chars.php migration.php routes.php
[root at www5
config]#

>From the logs (/var/log/httpd/error_log):

[Tue Jan 22
13:58:52 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] client denied by server
configuration:
/home/.sites/143/site2/web/application/config/config.php

So which
configuration do I need to change to fix this issue?

Interestingly
enough the error message has changed from it can't find the file, to
client denied by server configuration.

Drew.

On 01/22/2013 1:50 pm,
Michael Stauber wrote:

> Hi Drew,
>
>> I am working on testing a
migration from an old RedHat system to a new BlueOnyx system. However so
far I am running into some permissions issues. To configure the web app
that this site uses I have to go to
http://<sitename>/application/config/config.php When I go there I get a
403 error, which is a permissions issue. I have checked the permissions
and they seem close. I checked and they are: rwxr-sr-x with the owner
apache and the group being site2. I think the permissions should be
rwxr-xr-x with the same owner and group. The log file shows: File does
not exist: /home/.site/143/site2/web/application/config/config.php Any
ideas on why the log file says that the file isn't there, but on disk it
is there, and permissions look correct?
> When you uploaded the files to
the webspace, you might have uploaded it to the wrong /web directory.
Each user has a /web directory as well. Which is then reachable from
http://<sitename>/~<username>/ Upload the files as the siteAdmin and cd
backwards until you have the toplevel /web in front of you.