[BlueOnyx:12077] Re: new website setup

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 22 14:11:00 -05 2013

Hi Drew,

> When I go to http://<sitename>/application/config/config.php I get the
> 403 error.
>
> When I go to the directory, and do an ls, I get:
>
> [root at www5 config]# pwd
> /home/.sites/143/site2/web/application/config
> [root at www5 config]# ls
> autoload.php   database.php       hooks.php      mimes.php
> smileys.php config.php     doctypes.php       index.html
> profiler.php  user_agents.php constants.php  foreign_chars.php
>  migration.php  routes.php
> [root at www5 config]#
>
> From the logs (/var/log/httpd/error_log):
>
> [Tue Jan 22 13:58:52 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] client denied by
> server configuration:
> /home/.sites/143/site2/web/application/config/config.php

Ok, that's something else then. The error message "client denied by
server configuration" seems to indicate that there is a .htaccess file
somewhere in one of these locations:

/home/.sites/143/site2/web/application/config/
/home/.sites/143/site2/web/application/
/home/.sites/143/site2/web/

It perhaps prevents access to the application and/or config directory.
And/or the server isn't configured to allow usage of .htaccess files.
For security reasons they are usually not allowed, because a malicious
user could reconfigure the webserver that way.

To enable usage of .htacces files do this:

Go to "Network Services" / "Web" and tick the checkboxes under
"AllowOverride" for "All", "AuthConfig", "FileInfo", "Indexes", "Limit"
and "Options".

Also make sure that under "Options" the checkboxes for "FollowSymlinks",
"Includes", "Indexes" and "Multiviews" are ticked.