[BlueOnyx:12085] SSH login in BlueOnyx OpenVZ container not working

Manuel Grumet manuel.grumet at world4you.com
Thu Jan 24 05:06:58 -05 2013

Hello

We are using the OpenVZ template with BlueOnyx on Centos 6.3 (as
downloaded from http://devel.blueonyx.it/openvz/). After setting up a
new Vserver, it is impossible to log into it via SSH. The default
password on these containers should be "blueonyx", but that doesn't
work. Even if I set a custom password using "vzctl set --userpasswd" or
if I use "vzctl enter" and then change the password from inside the
VServer, I still cannot log in. The log file in /var/log/secure always
sais "failed password".

Additionally, the BlueOnyx configuration page on port 444 also doesn't
work. It only displays the intro and won't do anything if I click
"Start". I think that this is related to the SSH problem, because the
configuration page also relies on the password being "blueonyx".

I first assumed that the password that is set by OpenVZ in /etc/shadow
is just ignored and that the real password hash is stored somewhere else
(like Kerberos or a MySQL database or something), but I looked at
/etc/sysconfig/authconfig and at /etc/pam.d and could not find any
information about anything like that.

Has anyone got an idea what the reason for our problem could be? Thanks
in advance.

Manuel Grumet

PS: I've had some problems with posting to the mailing list, so I hope that
this message is not a duplicate.