[BlueOnyx:12086] Re: Off server email issue

jeffrey Pellin - PX2 jeffrey at px2co.net
Thu Jan 24 05:30:59 -05 2013

Hi,

This is an ongoing issue for us too.

Is there any chance in
future we can have an option on the GUI to make a client web only, email
only, or web and email. Can't believe that we are the only other
business with web clients with off server email, and with email only
clients that would find this feature useful.

Regards

Jeffrey

---

JEFFREY PELLIN
 Director

 JEFFREY PELLIN CONSULTANCY LTD [1] WORK:
01692 558226
 MOBILE: 07768 451738
 EMAIL: jeffrey at pellin.co.uk [2]

		See who we know in common [3]

On 23.01.2013 23:03, Gerald Waugh
wrote:

> On 01/22/2013 09:32 PM, Rod Morgan wrote:
>
>> I have a new
customer that wants to host a php-based site on our server while
maintaining their current email services provided by Google. DNS is
correctly configured. The site was configured with email disabled. The
problem occurs when their php-based contact page sends email using the
mail() command to users in the same domain. The server tries to deliver
the mail locally instead of using SMTP to send it. I have temporarily
resolved the issue by editing the access and virtusertable files in
/etc/mail and rebuilding the .db files. However, I expect his is only a
temporary fix as the BlueOnyx scripts will probably recreate the entries
in both files at some point. Is there a permanent solution that I should
have implemented?

>> Rod Morgan
> remove email server alias in the
GUI
> make sure the MX records are setup to access gmail
>
> --

Gerald

Links:
------