[BlueOnyx:13379] Setting up a DELL 1850 PowerEdge !

gen at ercuk.com gen at ercuk.com
Thu Jul 18 15:01:19 -05 2013

Many thanks Chris Gebhardt for your detailed reply, that all makes sense now.

Well as I figured, I'd need to get some different kit...
and webmaster mentioned his dell 1850's...

And that got me looking, and I've just bought a DELL 1850 PowerEdge, off eBay.
So some pointers on setting that up would be greatly appreciated !

It should arrive early next week...
However: It hasn't got a CD or DVD drive, so I'll need to obtain one.
So which should I go for, CD or DVD (or even DVD RW) ?
Is there a need for a DVD (or DVD RW) on a server ?

There are several on ebay that seem to have different part numbers,
and one prominent company has both CD & DVD drives complete with lead & caddy,
so would I need anything else, and how do I make sure that I order the correct one ?

A dell user guide I've found mentioned the Server Assistant CD,
which it won't have either, so will I need one of those ?

Many thanks, Mac