[BlueOnyx:13399] Re: SSL certificate for email

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Mon Jul 22 17:45:21 -05 2013

On 21/07/2013 20:16, Richard Sidlin wrote:
> Could I ask a question relating to this as I need to set up secure POP and
> SMTP. Do I just install a paid for SSL on the main GUI if I want this or do
> I need to install it with the virtual site for the actual domain I want to
> use?

Yes, just install in on the main GUI (SSL on the virtual sites are only
for web traffic).  As per my previous post [1] you may need to install
the CA for dovecot.

> I am happy for clients to use the host.domain.com of the actual BO server
> for their mail settings so will that work regardless of which virtual site
> they belong to?

Yes, generally clients will have to use the server hostname instead of
the virtual site name or any other DNS pointers you may have created for
them.

Dan

[1] http://mail.blueonyx.it/pipermail/blueonyx/2013-July/013342.html