[BlueOnyx:13414] Help Please: Problems with the DELL 1850 PowerEdge (4) Fans running at full tilt !!

gen at ercuk.com gen at ercuk.com
Thu Jul 25 09:50:25 -05 2013

Update:

Problem 1: No HDD's listed in set-up menu / Solved !

I checked the setting on the set-up menu for: Integrated Devices
...and the 'SCSI-Controller was set 'off' so I enabled it !
...this now lists both HDD's in the menu.

Problem 2: Fans running at full tilt !!  STILL UNSOLVED !!!
...and the 'amber system status indicator' (to the left of the right-hand HDD) is flashing.

So I would appreciate any help please !

Thanks Mac.