[BlueOnyx:12342] Re: PHP and OpenSSH versions

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 1 12:13:08 -05 2013

Hi Rob,

> I’m running a couple 5106R servers. Is it accurate that BlueOnyx needs
> to run PHP 5.1.6 and openSSH 4.3? I know it’s possible to run a separate
> versions of PHP (I’m not sure about OpenSSH, but doesn’t keeping those
> older versions open security vulnerabilities?

OpenSSH is fine on 5106R. CentOS keeps that old version patched and up
to date security wise. Same applies for PHP-5.1.6, although there are a
lot of web applications which might require you to run a more modern PHP.

For that purpose supported third party PHP packages (latest PHP-5.3 and
latest PHP-5.4) are available from this locations:

http://shop.blueonyx.it
http://www.compassnetworks.com.au
http://www.solarspeed.net

As for PHP-5.2.17: I wouldn't use that one. PHP-5.2 has been EOL'ed
quite some time ago.